Corporate greed
Today I had occassion to search for and find the email address of Lloyds banking group who now own Bank of Scotland.
This was because of a farce regarding my bank card. It had been frozen due to an attepmted fraud, (more later.) So a week ago on Friday I hung on my mobile phone for over 10 minutes to speak to a human, who sounded like he was in the pub and not really very interested.
He assured me a new card was on its way and would be with me within 3 to 5 working days.Naw.
So last Friday I connected with them via online chat to ask where my card was. No card had been ordered. I complained and they offered me £30 compensation to close the complaint. My card was on its way this time.
So this morning I eagerly opened the envelope from the bank to find a new card. Deep joy. I tried to register said card with Paypal, who declined to accept it.
Ok, so I thought Ill go to an ATM to draw some money and activate the card. NAW!
The ATM ate my card and told me to contact my bank. AAAAARGH!
Back online to the chat room. Apparently the card that was eaten was the card I had intitially ordered which was frozen once more because I had phoned to ask where my card was and they sent me another one.
But wait...this was a card I was told was never ordered in the first place.
Biting my tongue I raised another complaint, this time the offer was £25 to close the complaint. Kerching.
So I went online to find the CEO of Lloyds to email him. Not that I suppose he will ever see it, he will be far to busy seeking tax free investments for his £6.5 million salary. £6.5 MILLION. The more I read the more angry I became.
Iceland had the right idea when they jailed their bankers after the 2008 scandal.
Ive been a customer of BOS for a long time. On the occasions I had to interact with them on the phone or online, I was dealt with promptly by smart intelligent humans who I could understand. Now when you speak to one of their humans its like phoning a school playground, with operators whose first language appears not to be English.
So guess what Mr António Horta-Osório I am closing my account and have opened an account with the Starling on line bank which is a breath of fresh air.
No wonder peasant revolt.
Comments
Post a Comment